Monday, October 24, 2011

PORTUGAL FASHION: ANABELA BALDAQUE SS 2012



I don't usually love a collection based only in romantic staff, too sweet for me, you know... I love mixing romantic details with hard fabrics or heavy acessories. This Anabela Baldaque's SS 2012 collection is too candy and soft, but... I must confess, some pieces are lovely and the beautiful embroidery is something timeless. There is a certain revival of the 60's silhouette but I loved to watch a boldest attitude from Anabela Baldaque whose work I admire. The pastel colors and the white are too much obvious and I would like to see a creative upgrade for the romantic 60's vibes. The formula Urban versus Bucolic is too much seen today. I think Anabela Baldaque has the knowledge and the creative mind to do much more, so I hope the next time she will push the bounderies away from the safety places where this collection wants to be.     













Photos courtesy of Paulo Costa Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment