Friday, February 15, 2013

MARC JACOBS AW 2013: DON'T LET THE SUN GO DOWN ON ME
















The Marc Jacob's show at NYFW had a enormous sun up the catwalk, increasingly the fashion shows are a kind of super-shows with a huge machine envolved and thousand of dollars to spend in a fifty minutes ephemeral perfomance who everybody talks about not over 24 hours. My question is: And what about the clothes?  
 
 O desfile de Marc Jacobs foi tão sensacional como é costume, um enorme sol ergueu-se na passerelle sobre os modelos, sendo que segundo testemunhos presenciais, a luz era de tal intensidade que dificultou o visionamento dos detalhes da coleção. Cada vez mais os desfiles de moda se tornam em mega-espetáculos, envolvendo uma máquina de produção enorme e recursos tecnicos gigantescos, milhares de euros para gastar numa perfomance efémera de menos de 15 minutos de que toda a gente irá falar no máximo durante 24 horas. Fica a pergunta: E então as roupas? 


 
 
The Clothes:  ’20s party girl meets ’50s housewife meets ’70s disco queen; Shorts instead of pants, which match well with the Winter and the snow days, much material to animate pajamas parties...
 
As roupas: Party girl dos anos 20 encontra a dona-de-casa dos anos 50 que encontra as rainhas do disco dos anos 70; Calções pela virilha o que dá imenso jeito nos dias de inverno, sobretudo, se nevar, muito material para festas do pijama...
 

I can't light no more of your darkness
All my pictures seem to fade to black and white
Im growing tired and time stands still before me
Frozen here on the ladder of my life

Its much too late to save myself from falling
I took a chance and changed your way of life
But you misread my meaning when I met you
Closed the door and left me blinded by the light

Don't let the sun go down on me
Although I search myself, it's always someone else I see
Id just allow a fragment of your life to wander free
But losing everything is like the sun going down on me
(...)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment