Tuesday, January 10, 2012

INSPIRATION: IL RITORNO! (or me and my new friends)






Voltei hoje ao trabalho após 15 dias de viagem pela Europa (Espanha, França e Itália), e um dia inteiro (ontem) passado literalmente a dormir e a recuperar dos quase 2600 km feitos em dois dias de regresso a Portugal. A primeira impressão que tive ao regressar à minha secretária e ao velho computador é que o tempo sofreu uma espécie de hiato, os dias congelaram e não pelo frio que este Inverno até está a ser bem ameno, mas, por uma sensação de fuga à rotina, encontrando-me ainda a girar numa espécie de jat lag de personalidade.

Today I went back to work after 15 days of travel through Europe (Spain, France and Italy), and after a full day (yesterday) passed literally in a non-stop sleeping, to recover from almost 2600 km in two days back to Portugal. The first impression I had when I return to my desk and to my old computer is that the time has a sort of hiatus, these days were a kind of frozen and not by the Winter which is going not so cold, but by a sense of escape from the routine, still finding myself turning into a personal  jet lag.



Sempre disse que não tinha nascido para ter um emprego de secretária das 9h às 5h, onde os dias de sucedem ao ritmo alucinante das coisas paradas, ou melhor, estagnadas. Nada aqui mudou, nem objectos, nem pessoas, nem os problemas, ou as suas soluções, fui eu que mudei e não só de sitio, mudei a minha visão sobre as coisas que permanecem exactamente as mesmas de há 15 dias atrás. Afinal, foram só 15 dias, mas, parece terem sido meses. Mudei a minha visão sobre a realidade em que vivo à seis anos consecutivos. E garanto-vos que para melhor.

I always said that I was not born to have a job from 9 to 5 where the days are succeeding to the rhythm of the stagnant things. Nothing here has changed: objects, people, problems or their solutions,  they are the same, of course, things remain exactly the same as about 15 days ago. The one who was changing was myself. After all, it was only 15 days, but it seems to have been months. With this trip I really changed my view on the reality that I lived in for six consecutive years. And I assure you that for the better, I think.



Apercebi-me que apesar de tudo sou feliz, não por ter regressado a casa que de todas as viagens que fiz até hoje nunca se me assolou essa sensação de alegre serenidade de "regresso ao lar", mas, que sou feliz porque consigo viver numa dualidade de mundos opostos e regressar a eles sem grande esforço, mesmo que com ausências prolongadas. Sou feliz neste mundo das 9h às 5h, de secretária e velho computador, de papeis e processos e chatices burocráticas porque não há volta a dar e preciso de pagar a renda e o pão. Sou feliz nesse outro mundo de mundos desconhecidos por descobrir, da minha obsessão pelo meu blog  porque sem uma forte obsessão o Fashion Heroines jamais existia. De conhecer pessoas e abordar desconhecidos nas ruas de Milão fotografa-los e dar-lhes a conhecer o blog, de encetar conversa com uma rapariga bonita numa creperie de rua em Grasse só porque o seu look cool me chamou a atenção e dias depois ler os seus comentários e descobrir que se tornou seguidora do Fashion Heroines. Conversar por acaso numa loja de Milão com um dos rapazes fotografados pelo The Sartorialist e descobrir que ele aparece no famoso livro de Scott Schuman.

I realized after all I am happy, so simple like that! I'm really happy not because I returned home but I'm glad I can live in this duality of opposing worlds and return to them without much effort. I am happy in this world from 9 am to 5 am having a dairly date with my old desktop computer, papers, processes and bureaucratic hassles but I need to pay the rent and the bread, so... I am happy in the other different world too where are so many unknown worlds to discover that includes my obsession for my blog because without a strong obsession Fashion Heroines never existed.

I love to meet new people and make new friends as I took in the streets of Milan, strangers that I photographed and I talked them about the blog. For example the pretty girl who I met in a creperie in Grasse and I talked to her just because she looked so cool and her smile caught my attention. Some days after I read her comments on facebook and I found out she became a Fashion Heroines' follower.

Talking happens in a store in Milan with one of the boys photographed by The Sartorialist and he told me he appears in the famous photobook by Scott Schuman which I had just seen in a bookstore in Milan. This is the other fantastic world I also took part. in these moments I am anymore a public worker from 9 to 5, I'm something else behind that reality.   



Correr atrás de uma Lady russa pela Piazza de San Marco (Veneza) para lhe tirar uma fotografia que mesmo meio tremida me encheu de de júbilo a La "Sartorialist"; ou ir atrás de uma tal garota de chapéu verde com que me cruzei duas vezes em Verona (Itália) e mais tarde ler o seu comentário (Olá Rossana!) no blog.

I loved chasing a Russian Lady at Piazza San Marco (Venice) just for to take that great picture of her which filled me of joy to share with you (I think Scott Schuman feels that too), or instead go after such a girl with green hat that I crossed twice at Verona (Italy) and later read her comment (hello Rossana!) on the blog. Or that one, a grotesque performer who I found to leave the Mango store in Milan (first and second pic). 





Descobri que viajar e levar comigo a minha obsessão pelo meu blog não é a mesma coisa e que é muito melhor! Em cada esquina procuro descobrir um pormenor para "conversar" e mostrar aos meus seguidores, corro literalmente atrás da fotografia para aquele it- post, ou tenho a lata (e o pretexto) para meter conversa com desconhecidos e pedir para os fotografar e dar-lhes a conhecer o Fashion Heroines. Isso quebra de imediato o gelo entre dois estranhos e uns breves momentos passados já me estão a indicar o melhor restaurante dos gondoleiros (em Veneza, o Planet Bar) ou o melhor outlet (Emporio Armani em Milão) e a melhor loja Vintage para comprar roupa em segunda mão (Cavalli and Nastri - Via Brera 2, Milão).

I found that traveling and took with me this obsession, my blog, make me see things and local people differently, and it is much better! I took every single detail to show and share with my followers, I was literally running for that "great" pic I think it would be, and to have a blog is a great excuse to strike up a conversation with strangers and ask for pictures and give my card to them  and let them know about Fashion Heroines. This break the ice and it was much more easy to ask them about the best restaurant (Planet bar in Venice, where all the gondoliers eat in the end of the day) or where can I found the best outlet (Emporio Armani, Milan) or the best vintage shop ( Cavalli and Nastri, Via Breta 2, Milan)!




Tenham a certeza de que fotografar com o objectivo de publicar e fazer correr as fotos pelos seguidores espalhados pelo mundo faz-nos ter um olhar muito mais atento aos pormenores que de outra forma certamente nos escapariam. É olhar melhor, é olhar duas ou três vezes com uma intensidade quase obsecada é fazer amigos de circunstância, nem que seja com o cozinheiro milanês dos melhores bolos de Itália ou com o segurança de uma loja de roupa que percebeu com inteligência que não tenho carteira para ali comprar absolutamente nada, mas, que pressentiu a paixão no olhar e retribuiu o sorriso de quem diz "Entra, não custa nada e os sonhos também não".  

Be assured that shooting with the purpose of publishing the pictures and make it run by followers around the world makes us take a look much more attentive to details that otherwise they would certainly escape us. It's looking better, is to look twice with an obsessed intensity, and it means to make friends of circumstance, from the cook who made the best cakes in Milan to the safety man in a clothing store who noticed that I will not buy anything, but he could feel the passion in my eyes and he gave me that smile that says "Come in, it costs nothing, and dreams are just here."


Foram de facto 15 dias de sonho, esse hiato de tempo no tempo de uma funcionária pública que por acaso também tem um blog que leva para todo o lado com a obsessão de quem transporta uma segunda alma. Uma alma cosmopolita, sem horário, que adora conversar com pessoas diferentes mas afinal tão semelhantes, que entra em lojas onde nem um botãozinho pode comprar, mas, com o á vontade de um sonho cumprido, uma alma material que adora partilhar coisas belas e exclusivas e que ama com a mesma intensidade uma montra da Chanel,  um vitral de um igreja em Verona, ou a neblina translucida sobre uma Veneza sonial.

These 15 days were indeed a sweet dream, a time gap in the time of a public worker who also happened to have a blog that I take everywhere with the obsession of those who carry a second soul. A cosmopolitan soul with no schedules, a soul that loves to talk to different people and find different places, a material soul that loves to share pure beauty with the same intensity and joy wether is a window of Chanel, a stained glass window of a church in Verona, or the translucent fog in a sonial Venice.



Regressei hoje ao trabalho e à rotina, mas, trago a alma em suspenso e a memória apta a decifrar todos os momentos inesquecíveis desta viagem. Viajo ainda neste jat lag especial e pessoal e poiso tudo aqui no meu blog com essa obsessão pelas coisas tão belas que se tornam inesquecíveis, mas, jamais inacessíveis enquanto as puder gravar aqui, no Fashion Heroines, e no meu coração.

Today I returned to work and routine, but I brought the soul in abeyance and my memory is able to decipher all the unforgettable moments of this trip. I'm still travelling later in this personal (and so special) jet lag  because I put everything here on my blog with this obsession for wild things that become unforgettable, but never inaccessible while I  can save them here, at Fashion Heroines, and in my heart like for ever.

Thanks husband,
Thanks Rose & Roberto. 

No comments:

Post a Comment