Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A GOOD TRUE STORY!

Today I woke up with a sudden energy, unusual in these days in which I walk a bit depressed with all these crisis' clichés, salary cuts, foreign markets and such things…So why this feeling that I can conquer the world with a simple snap? There is no such thing as good mood before breakfast, I just took an ordinary glass of orange juice, and I’m sure that I didn’t eat either chocolate neither other hyper-caloric foods to overfeed my neurons during the night.


So, why? Why I felt like I was worn the lotery? It was an ordinary morning in a suburban platform, with the typical catch-the-train plus go-for-a-boring-job ...! What would happen to me? I left the train at Cascais and I got that cold-polar-wind-in-the-nose and I found it enjoyable (incredible! And I hate winter)!!! I really didn’t know me anymore! What is truly happened with me? Did I divorce me of my really me? Is this a nightmare? Why I love that freshness?


As I walked on the same streets as usual, with the same ugly shops (UGH! SALES!) as usual, which are bad copies of Carcavelos street market but without the genuine "gypsies" instead of "ladies-of-false- nails-in-gel-and- 60’s hair lacquer”. I understood nothing of what was happening with me and with this over good mood without Prozac additives, chocolat, alchool or anything else. What is certain is that I had all reasons of the world to be in a bad mood, a kind of down-down-down-no-more-down-could be!


Consider this: the end of the month and the empty wallet, adding that this will be the week of receiving the salary payment with more cuts than the ones that Jack, the Ripper, made in the prostitutes victims; and the wallet again with a black hole size of the universe;... etc., etc.. So I walked down the street with this overflowing energy inside me and it made me laugh because when a person is nervous and confused it gives us a tremendous laugh, even unstoppable. I was feeling completely happy and goofy and a bit naïf too…but what could I do? I gave myself a smile and another smile again and again and this was so weird! I was watching myself walking and smiling directly for the street pavement of stones that hurts so badly my heels, and each time I crossed some unknown person and another smile grows up in my face… the happiest face in the all world, and it was mine!!!. Oh god! I couldn’t think that my reputation could drop more than the average of Portugal reputation in abroad markets and this thought gave me more laughs.


So I decided to write this story hoping I calm down or my fellows at work think I got crazy at once. At the moment I wrote this, the afternoon is downing and this is the typical time in the day when I usually feel nostalgic and even a bit depressed, with the sunrise my vital energy felt down too. So I'm spending my trial by fire. If I still stay energetic and happy it is because it must be happening something terrible to me, like a stroke, early menopause, serious osteoporosis in love life ... like the shop sales will stay forever, or even Louboutin will fail and end up before I stop being poor, or my husband discovers he is gay (Ops! Now I overreacted ... sorry!), or I discovered that my daughters decided to adopt my upgrade version of a perfect mother (I'm really a good imagination to weird things !!!). So ... Dusk is falling and I'm still happy and full of good energy. So far no misfortune has happened.


So I realize something terrible: if we wake up very depressed and with a great lack of energy this will be considered simply normal and we don’t think about the matter, life goes on, badly but normal, we think. But if by a rare chance we had a happy wake up we aren't prepared for it or the sudden energy that take us all. So we think there is a serious case of illness and we become really worried. We become very anxious because we don't understand  this lunatic state of wellness. The answer will be that a great disaster will be announced by this wealthy state of mind. Why? Why is it considered normal wake up depressed and bitter and we if we wake up in a good mood we'll worry a lot? Good mood and wealthy energy is meaning we got psychological ill! What’s the point? Is the human race walking for his own black hole? Is the depressing state of mind our truly human evolution and the others who are naturally happy and optimists will be considered lunatic and weird?


… And at the end of the day I stayed cool, happy and full of energy. I hope they don’t call the police or something!

xxPaula
Hoje acordei com uma súbita energia, invulgar mesmo por estes dias, já que até ando um bocado deprimida com estes clichés da crise, cortes, impostos, mercados e coisas que tal… Portanto, porquê este sentimento de que posso conquistar o mundo com um simples piscar de olhos? Nem sequer tinha tomado o pequeno-almoço ainda, só um vulgar copo de sumo de laranja de marca branca, e ontem ao serão é certo que não comi chocolate nem outros alimentos hiper-calóricos que animassem os neurónios durante a noite. Então, porquê? Era uma manhã corriqueira de plataforma suburbana, com o típico apanhar-do-combóio.cp e ir-para-o-empregozinho.cmc… !!! Que se passaria comigo? Saí do comboio em Cascais e apanhei aquele vento-de-descarnar-narizes.polar, e até isso achei agradável. Soube-me bem aquele frescor enquanto caminhava pelas mesmas ruas, de lojas feias (ugh! os saldos!) a fazerem copy paste da feira de Carcavelos que pelo menos é mais genuína e tem “tendeiras” verdadeiras em vez de “senhoras-de-unhas-de-gel- e-laca-Tokalon”.

Não entendi nada do que se estava a passar com a minha boa-disposição natural e sem aditivos “prozaicos”. O certo é que tinha todas as razões e mais alguma para estar down-down-mais-down-não-pode.Ser! Senão vejamos: final do mês e carteira vazia, semana de receber o ordenado com mais cortes que as prostitutas vitimas do Jack,O Estripador e novamente a carteira com um buraco negro tamanho do Universo; O facto de ser de manhã também não ajudaria a Paula normal a ficar bem disposta… etc, etc.

Assim, enquanto caminhava pela rua com essa energia transbordante, deu-me vontade de rir porque quando uma pessoa está nervosa e confundida, por vezes, dá-nos uma tremenda vontade de rir, imparável mesmo. Nem o facto de não estar a perceber nada do que ia em mim me fazia sentir menos, digamos, alegre e pateta que sempre é melhor do que ser pateta alegre (julgo eu). Agora dava-me para sorrir no meio da rua, era ver-me a andar e a sorrir para as pedras da calçada que me lixam os saltos todos e se algum desconhecido se cruzasse comigo... mais risos patetas! E ao pensar que a minha reputação poderia baixar mais do que a média da reputação do País deu-me ainda mais vontade de rir.

Pensei, então, em escrever este texto para ver se me acalmo, pois, ao mínimo descuido soltam-se-me as gargalhadas goela acima e depois como é que vou explicar no trabalho que acho mesmo piada aos processos de loteamento e demais licenças urbanísticas?! Neste momento a tarde caí e é a altura do dia em que geralmente me sinto nostálgica e até um bocado deprimida. Portanto, estou a passar a minha prova de fogo. Se ainda assim permanecer energética e feliz é porque deve estar-me a acontecer alguma desgraça, tipo um AVC, menopausa precoce, osteoporose grave na vida amorosa… tipo os saldos vão ficar para sempre, os Louboutin vão falir e acabar antes de eu deixar de ser pobre, o meu marido descobre que é gay (Epa! Agora exagerei… credo!), as minhas filhas descobrem que podem adoptar a versão upgrade de mim como mãe masi-que-perfeita (sou mesmo boa a imaginar desgraças!!!), enfim…

Entardece e eu continuo feliz e contente. Até agora nenhuma desgraça aconteceu. Então, constato o seguinte: se nos levantarmos deprimidos e mesmo-muito-mal achamos, simplesmente, normal e nem pensamos mais no assunto, é esperar que passe. Mas, se por um acaso raro acordamos felizes, bem dispostos e com uma súbita energia, aí é um caso sério e ficamos verdadeiramente preocupados. Tão preocupados que nem conseguimos pensar noutra coisa, o dia passa e se continuarmos nesse estado lunático de bem-estar connosco próprios, aí é grave e aguardamos ansiosos que a desgraça se faça anunciar. Porquê? Porque é que é normal acordarmos deprimidos e azedos e ficamos preocupados se acordarmos mesmo bem dispostos? Caminhará a raça humana, perdidamente, para o seu próprio buraco negro? Será o estado depressivo a evolução natural do ser humano para a qual caminhamos? E passarão os optimistas a ser considerados lunáticos perigosos?

No final do dia continuo com este sentimento de enérgica alegria transbordante. Mas, até agora ninguém chamou a policia, ou assim. 

xxPaula

No comments:

Post a Comment