Thursday, September 15, 2011

NEW YORK FASHION WEEK SPRING/SUMMER 2012 - ANNA SUI


What I love most in Anna Sui's work is that she doesn't follow trends. "I'm not trying to fit in with what's going on," Sui said before her show. "I had to do what I wanted." (style.com). Follow what I want, my own dreams and my  (life)style is my person project since I was a kid! So that's why Anna Sui is one of my fave fashion designers of NYFW.

O que eu mais gosto no trabalho de Anna Sui é que ela não segue tendências. " Não estou a tentar caber dentro do que se está a fazer por aí", disse Sui antes do show à style.com, "Eu tenho de fazer o que quero". Seguir o que eu desejo, os meus próprios sonhos e o meu estilo é o meu projecto desde que era miúda! Então está justificado porque é que Anna Sui é uma das minhas designers de moda favoritas da Semana da Moda de Nova Iorque. 









I loved Anna Sui for Spring. She has this natural ability to play with fashion, reinvet the vintage and make it work for modern women. That's what happened in this collection! We were transported to a playful, optimistic era - the early seventies in Paris, which was a very transformative moment in fashion's history. Sui got the Parisian athmosphere and the Club Sept's seductive nights and transformed their vibes in modern vibes. It was fun because I saw the Woody Allen's last movie set in Paris "Midnight in Paris" and then I saw Anna Sui's show and all that made sense to me. I was seducted by the looks and I wish to revisit Paris again and again, mainly after midnight, with one of the Sui's last clothings. It is my current dream and I'll go for it!


Adorei a colecção de Anna Sui para a próxima Primavera. Ela tem uma habilidade natural para brincar com a moda, reinventando o vintage e fazendo-o funcionar para a mulher moderna. Foi o que aconteceu nesta colecção. No show de Sui fomos transportados para uma época optimista e vibrante - o inicio dos anos 70 em Paris, que foi uma época de enorme transformação na história da moda. Anna Sui agarrou a atmosfera parisiense e as noites sedutoras no Club Sept e transformou essas vibrações antigas em vibrações actuais que vêm colorir esta actualidade cinzenta e péssimista da crise mundial. Engraçado que tenha acabado de ver o último filme de Woody Allen " Meia-noite em Paris" e depois ao ver o show de Anna Sui tudo fez sentido. Desejei revisitar Paris à noite, vestindo um dos looks que Anna Sui criou nesta colecção e este transformou-se num dos meus últimos sonhos que vou agarrar mais cedo ou mais tarde.  


Images via style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment